Monday, December 14, 2009

Who am I

I know, it's been a while, but I have been concentrating so much on my other blogs that this one has gone to the wayside. However, I have found a quote that just may get me back on track with this blog. Who knows, I may rekindle this fire.

Today's quote comes from a person named Haim Ginott. I will write about it here in a few days time, but until then, here's the quote:

"It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather...I possess tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether the crisis will be escalated or deescalated and a child humanized or dehumanized."

Unfortunately I can't find any information on this person (nor picture) anywhere; but this quote is now hanging in my office area and every center I work out will have this posted in their staff area. This is a great reminder to teachers of what we do.

No comments: